May 10, 2012

Breaking all my rules!!!

I changed my mind. I have broken every rule I set for myself. You know what? They are my rules...so that is ok. The strangest thing about this is that I have found this to be so profound. I was the one who took upon me my 30 articles in 30 days challenge but then I let it rule my life. It was a challenge, not life or death.


The worst part is, I have been living every day for so many years, as if every choice I made, even the little tiny ones like what to throw away, was a life or death decision. You know what? I could go on and on about why I do this (and if you know me personally, you know that I do go on and on and on, forever), but I don't stop.

So I decided to stop.

I will die someday. That is a fact. Yet, I know without of shadow of a doubt that death is not the end of my spirit or my eternal journey. I am not dead today. So it is about time to live.

To do all the things I want to do.

I have spent the last 18 years trying to become the next internet millionaire. (Too bad that Mark Zuckerburg beat me to it :)...Facebook is a darn good idea). It is not going to happen, today :).

So today, May 10th 2012, what is important? My son. He is now 16 and the most awesome thing in the world.

16 years ago when I became a mother at 17, I had no idea that my life would turn out like this. It was not how I planned, but you know what? Even though I don't have a million dollars, my own house, or any of the dreams I wanted at 17, now at 33, when I look into my son's eyes and I see my greatest treasure on earth,
I feel like a billionaire.


For all of you teenage Moms out there who feel like you can't make it or that it is not worth it, or that you can't walk down the halls of your high school one more time without feel less than anyone else, don't feel less. You are worth it.

You are a Mom, and try to imagine you life 20 years from now. If you are ever alone, don't give up. Never give up.

I have learned that the only rules I have to follow are mine. I am only accountable to my self  if I break them, and since I love myself, it is ok.

Happiness comes from within.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now your three times a billionaire...

Meranda2100 said...

Yes. So true. Thanks for reading my blog.