May 1, 2012

Not posting yesterday...ahhh!!! Getting lost in life a great book and Dancing With the Stars...

I have often heard that it only takes 21 days to either break or form a new habit. This seems so easy. Just 21 days. As the last 3 months have proven for me, 21 days is almost an eternity.

I did post everyday from last Tuesday till Sunday...only 6 days in a row. It did seem like an eternity. I did say I would celebrate my successes-so yeah! :) Great from me...6 days in a row posting is a great accomplishment.

Now to yesterday, I did remind myself to post when I woke up, but I did not feel well. I help take care of my disabled sister and she had three seizures the day before. She was not able to go to her day program and I helped her during the day. I kept trying to get my self motivated, still didn't feel well at all, and then I got lost in Dancing with the Stars, season 14. I am so impressed with this season. I have watched every season, and I feel that all the stars on this season are great dancers. It has been hard to vote, because they have all been my favorites! That is really the first time a cast has been so great for me.

Then more of life happened..I got lost in another great book...then a 12:00 am this morning..I thought: "Oh, no, I forgot to post!" I felt horrible. I have wanted to just delete my blog many times in the last 4 months. When I almost lost it, I freaked out, but then when I kept making promises that I did not or could not keep, I felt even more miserable.

Then I thought about the post I wrote on Sunday. My own road to perfection. I also thought about attitude and this year's resolution. To persevere no matter what. I will continue to post. Every day. If or should I say when I make a mistake or life gets in the way, I will explain it, deal with it, learn from, and then let it go. Start again with my goal. It is harder to see life optimistically than pessimistically (in my case) but much more rewarding and motivating.

Happy Tuesday :)

No comments: