Oct 29, 2011

The Mentalist

       I am not big on T.V. during the day, but I do like to watch it at night. I have long been wanting to write about different shows that impress me and make me think or feel or that teach me something new.  I did start that with my post about Once Upon a Time . I have loved The Mentalist  since the show first came out. Simon Baker is a great actor and really steals the show. I like all the other actors and actresses as well, and am hooked!  I watch every Thursday night a 10p.m...check it out, let me know what you think!!
         I am intrigued by the idea that the show presents, of a person who can read people and remember details, use their intellect to both solve crimes and manipulate others, either for good or evil. I know that so much of this world is not what we see, but how we perceive our surroundings, how we interpret them, and our attitude towards life. Each of us has our own unique way of interpreting and often we clash we our views differ. I have found that once I remember that no one person is the same as another, it is easy for me to not prove I am "right" or that my way of thinking or doing things is the best way. I spent many years believing that I had to "show" people how to be or change them. I have found that is both impossible, arrogant, and counterproductive and hurtful.
        I am not saying that it is not still tempting to try this, but when I step back and just appreciate people and all their different perspectives, I find that I learn a lot and love others just the way they are.

Goodnight to all of you out there...hope we can all learn to appreciate each other for who we are...

No comments: