Apr 24, 2012

Day 30 and my own 30 day challenge

It is day 30 in my second time of trying to write 30 articles in 30 days. I did not finish my 30 in 30 challenge, in fact I only published 6 articles and became completely discouraged.

I started this blog for me originally. Then, I got caught up in the idea of being able to make money online. I have had trouble keeping a job from the moment I had my first job. Mostly for the reason that I have good days and I have bad days. I deleted all of my posts about my bi-polar disorder about any of mental illness struggles. I also deleted almost all of my posts about my church and my feelings about my religion. Those two things take up a huge part of my life.

I thought that I could change the format of my blog to create a separate section for each topic on my blog. I was not able to do that. I have had a problem with following through with anything that is difficult. When I try to change things in my life, I try to change everything all in one day. Then, I get overwhelmed, realize I can't change everything at once, or don't finish everything on my to do list, and then start beating my self up. Then I get depressed for several days, don't do anything, and inevitably the process starts all over again.

My mother has given me good advice focus on 1 thing at one time. I always want to do so many things  at once, just doing one thing does not seem productive enough. As I look back on my blog posts I have not ever posted in my blog everyday in one month, ever since I started. On good days, bad days, school days, Sundays, I always come up with an excuse why I did not.

My 30 day challenge is to post every day. That is the only rule. I can post about anything thing I want, include a link or not, picture or not, morning, afternoon, evening, late at night. I am going to focus on this goal and only this goal. On May 24th I am going to give myself my own little party to celebrate my achievement. I will also celebrate each time I blog (if I feel like it). If I am having a bad day, I am going to talk about it, and not ignore it.

I hope that if anyone is reading this my blog anymore that they will feel free to share whatever they feel too.

No comments: