Apr 25, 2012

IRS rant...and many unanswered questions..

Now do not get me wrong, I am not against paying taxes. I do like the roads, the government programs for all sorts of things, what I don't like is spending 45 minutes on hold for IRS customer service because my taxes have been rejected 3 times for e-filing by the IRS and then the customer service agent explains that unless I owe the IRS a payment there is no fine for filing my taxes passed the April 17, 2012 deadline! (I did not know that did you?)

This makes me so angry because I have been so stressed for the last week and half, for no reason!!! :(
Then when I actually do get my taxes e-filed for the fourth time, I spent 4 hours trying to understand the tax code. Taxes should be easier to understand. I even have an A.A. in accounting and have taken a tax course (with an 'A'), and I remember what my tax teacher explained that tax law changes every year. That most tax professionals spend 6 months out of the year preparing and learning for next years tax season.

Now I am not claiming to be an expert or a tax professional by what about people who cannot afford tax fees and want to do things themselves? Maybe I am part of a dying breed, but even if I did have a large salary, I would still like to do things for myself and understand what, how, and why things work.

What do you guys think? I would appreciate any comments, even if you think I am completely wrong. What is your side of the debate?

Taxes easy? Pay someone who knows what they are doing? Do it yourself?

As a side note, I usually do not wait until last day taxes are due so I know that influenced my stress and anxiety this year....:(:(

No comments: