Apr 11, 2012

New Site and having troubles with Word Press

I freaked out after losing my website and then my laptop is acting up too!! Ahhh...
but I am not giving up! I have been writing articles, I have written 3 and have 2 more in draft form but I have not submitted any for publishing, because I have wanted to really get my site back up and running. (Those will be submitted by the end of the week though)

I then spent some real time thinking...what exactly is Meranda2100 Web Design about? My old site was build by me, but was built over 3 years ago and was out of date. Since then the web has changed so much. I set up my site wanting to become a web designer, but once I started actually building pages for other people, I found that I did not know enough about how to build a modern site that would actually bring in traffic, and be user friendly.

Also, I felt as though I had no experience so for the two sites (that I actually tried to build for other people) I did not charge. Soon the projects took more and more time, and I found that I was not equipped, I bit off more than I could chew, I did not have the correct amount to even charge for my time, and the worst thing was that I was trying to help two dear friends of mine, and I felt as though I destroyed our friendships. I even offered to build a page for another friend and then did not honor my request. I did ruin that friendship.

That is the way to run a business or even to be a good person. (I am so sorry to those people and am working on how to make it up to them, I don't know if I ever can, but I am going to try :))

I also gave up...story of that year, but not this year!!

So, this time I am going to set up several websites for myself. I want to be qualified, and set up a portfolio of websites that actually have made a profit, that are user-friendly and that have no kinks, before I even try to set up my business.Now, I am going to set up content that is up to date and that is dedicated to one topic at a time.

My first test site is in a blog format (the one I thought I was most familiar with until I started learning Word Press...totally different from Blogger...it will take time to learn...:0) and I would appreciate what you think so check it out Kindle Review and let me know in comments below:



No comments: